Summer days, with spontaneous days off work and summer picnics with friends in the park! That´s exactly what happened yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny day in Barcelona which led to a summer picnic followed by a bike trip to the beach and I wanted to share the quinoa salad recipe with you as it is too good not to!
1 cup of Quinoa
Juice of half a Lemon
2 handfuls of Rocket or Salad Leaves
100g Feta Cheese*
10-15 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh Coriander/Cilantro, chopped
100g tinned Chick Peas, drained and washed
1 small Spring Onion, sliced finely
10 Olives, drained and sliced
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
*Feta cheese can be substituted for some creamy hummus on the side of the salad if you need to avoid dairy (if you are doing this, it is also best to just use olive oil for the salad dressing and not use the vinegar as it will not go too will with the hummus!).
1. Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of salt to give the quinoa a little more flavour.
2. Once the quinoa has cooked, allow it to cool completely before adding it to the salad.
3. Chop the tomatoes, olives, spring onion and feta cheese into bite size pieces.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Mix the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar together with the salt and pepper.
6. Once you are ready to eat the salad, mix in the dressing!