I´ve always prevented making ice cream in the past as most recipes require an ice cream maker, but this recipe is dairy free, creamy and easy to make without an ice cream maker!
This recipe is definitely an indulgent creamy treat, which is dairy free and one of the easiest ice creams I have ever made!
100g Dark Chocolate
2 cans Coconut Milk
5 tablespoons Cocoa
5 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
50g Dark Chocolate Chips
Or 30g Cocoa Nibs
Or 50g Coconut Chips
1. Leave the cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight so that the creamy part with separate from the watery part of the coconut milk.
2. Break up the chocolate into small pieces and melt the chocolate in a small mixing bowl over a pan of hot water on the stove and stir with a spoon on a low heat. You can also melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave on a very low heat so that the chocolate does not burn.
3. Allow the chocolate to cool completely.
4. Once the coconut milk has been in the fridge for 6-12 hours, turn the cans upside down before you open them. This will make it easier to pour out the watery part.
5. Pour the watery part of the coconut milk into a bowl and put aside. Scoop the creamy part out and place in a large mixing bowl.
6. Whisk the coconut cream a little to make it fluffy and combine it all together nicely.
7. Mix the cooled, melted dark chocolate into the coconut cream.
8. Add the cocoa and honey or maple syrup and whisk well until everything is smoothly combined.
9. Stir in any of the optional ingredients as you wish.
10. Pour the mixture into a small baking tin, such as a bread tin like the one shown in the pictures above, and cover with baking paper.
11. Place in the freezer.
12. In order to make the ice cream scoopable, you can either stir the ice cream after it has been in the freezer for 1 hour and put it back in the freezer, then stir it again 1 hour later and put it back in the freezer to freeze. Or it can be frozen until it is hard, then take it out of the freezer and leave it out until it is a little softer, give it a good stir and then return it to the freezer to freeze again. It may be sccopable just after one stir, but it might need a second stir and then a re-freeze.
13. Serve 1-2 scoops with some berries or coconut flakes.